Saturday, October 24, 2009

Trials

Wow. Trials come, and trials go, but with every trial that comes my way, they get bigger than the last. I grow stronger in each situation, but there comes a point when I tire of being in a pit. It's the kind of feeling that tells me that I have been so deeply involved in turmoil for a seemingly long time, but I am riding the line of freedom. I smell freedom. I can sort of feel it in a wierd, agitating way.
This was revealed when I looked through my journal from last year. I went through so many major conflicts. Well, they seemed major at the time, but now when I look back at them, they were petty issues. Even so, I know that they meant something. Others don't understand how these "baby" problems can affect me so much. I desire with all of my being to make God happy and approving of my life. That often leads me to trouble.
I am so sick of letting this rediculous situation control my life. It controls how I act, how I pray, what I say to others, my mood... God has not given His Son's life so that we may have a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
This too shall pass. I can only pray that it will pass with me being whole rather than broken-hearted. The faults that could be are obviously clear. Lord, please help me to stay right in the way You have for me. Help me not to fall to the ways of the world or of others around me, but sustain me in Your Love. For You alone are the way to peace and understanding. I trust You with my life. Here is my life, my problems, my emotions, my moods, my actions, my tears, my smiles, my everything. Thank you for the mercies I recieve every morning. Lord, You are amazing. I love You so much. Thank You for everything.

1 comment:

  1. Without struggles, we wouldn't know we need God! Just ask God to give you fresh perspective of those struggles, so the focus becomes the the satisfaction you find in Christ alone and not on the struggles themselves that God used as a stepping stones to get you to Him. Step on those suckers and go higher! That's better than continuing to stub your toes on them...ouch!

    ReplyDelete