Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Without

Hola amigos!
I am taking Spanish II with hopes of becoming fluent by the end of my 11th grade year. While studying last year, I realized for the first time that sin (Pronounced: seen) means without. WOW! How relavent! That's a simple reminder to me everytime that I use the word "sin" that God cannot be in our sin. He is perfect and holy. Sin is blemished and ugly and unable to withstand the majestic power of God's precious name. If I want to draw nearer to the heart of God, I must hand over my sin. I must ask for forgiveness, and I must forgive myself...
That's the hard part for me. I become so guilty that it is hard for me to have compassion on myself for what I have done. I can accept that Jesus loves me enough to die for me, but I cannot accept my sinful behaviour. That's where I think perception comes in.
Have you ever heard that "Perception is reality" ? Well, to an extent, that is true. In our minds, what we percieve becomes our reality. I do this a lot: I will look at a person and automatically have a judgment about them. Most of the time, these judgments prove untrue, but I live my life based on my perceptions of these people. This gets me into trouble. Even though I usually do not personally know these people, my judgments are still dangerous. They cause coldness towards others, and they allow my imagination to run WILD! If I stay in God without the judgments, I am more likely to act like our Perfect, Holy God acts. That's what I want. I could care less about my mistakes. All I want is Jesus.
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment